This is an update of my Forrest Pond painting

Sunday, November 16, 2008

So this is where I was at and here we have a very rough image the subject matter is raw which is how it’s meant to be.

So now I am going to define the trees by painting around them. So using transparent and optic colours so can get some life into the painting. Using Indian Yellow I have made up a very week glaze and where I added in the white scumbles last time in the centre I am going to glaze over them to give them a gold tinge. You need to be sure it is not running. You do the same with the reflections and then just add little bits here and there over the painting to give it a touch of the gold look.



You now need to mix up a bright green using Bright Yellow and Cerulean blue. These are very optic colours. Then using circular motions applying it to the trees as we did from the very start.

Now we need some depth now which is done by adding in some darks. So I mixed up Phthalo Blue and Alizarin Crimson then added it in at the bottom of the trees and a little just where it looked like it needed it. And of cause I did the same to the reflection. Again it’s important not to let it run.


For this next step I mixed up a muddy colour just using what was already on the pallet. Then I added in a light glaze just under the water edge.


Using a dark mix I then redefined my trees edge by just holding the brush side on and in one stroke running up the edge and then the same in the reflections.


I had to add in a foundation for the next step so I used a scumble mix of white and bright yellow using the knife at the bottom of the canvas. Then the same thing with a blue green and then again using straight white.


Now I need to let this dry once more.

0 comments: