Goth Girl and Her Mysterious Brother

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Goth Girl and Her Mysterious Brother joined a small group of paintings I did as a serious on Goth Girl. The painting once again comes from serious of photo I took of both my children, after I had dressed them up to look Gothic. Once more I used candles and desk lamp to create the lighting and with my Kodak EasyShare CX6230 2.0 M E G A PIXELS Camera took the shoot. It’s painted on a 30cm x 40cm canvas using a range of brushes and pallet knifes. It is also for sale. The painting is unframed but added a frame to the photo digitally to see what it would look like framed.

I learned much about the brush strokes working on this one as I wanted to create a nice smooth blending of the faces so that they blended out with the background.



0 comments: