Continued Forest Pond

Friday, October 31, 2008

This is what Robert Boster calls step two in his "Advanced Technique"







So the first thing I did was made up a very runny glaze mixed with Indian Yellow and then in only one stroke reestablished the trees.



Then using this same mix I went over the top between each tree just in different places to add a glaze as well as under the water line using the same mix again added in reflections.







I then made up a very thin runny glaze using Alizarin Crimson. I made sure to use a very little bit as its so powerful. With this mix again I went between the trees and added reflections.







I then made up another watery mix using Ultramarine blue and again applied it between the trees and the reflection.





Then I made up a very fine glaze using Ultramarine Blue and with the pallet knife did a technique he calls creative knife where you run the knife very quickly over the waters edge a few times.




Finally I then did what Robert calls a scumble mix. So On my pallet I put out Titanium white, Indian yellow and Ultramarine Blue. This paint needs to be applied rather thick as its the texture your after. So without mixing the colours you pick up a little of each and then applied three strokes in a Cris cross approach. This was added between the trees just a little here and there and then I used the scumble mix to add in some reflections once more at the bottom. Only this time toward the bottom of the canvas I added in some horizontal reflections also.
This step took me all of about ten minute to complete. I now need to wait once more for the painting to completely dry so I can move on to step three.

0 comments: