Goth Girl

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Finalist in the “Touch of Red II” 2007 Competition to help raise money for the Bone Marrow Foundation
Medium Oil
Size 12 x 16cm
Stretched Canvas
Comes framed in a hand crafted frame as shown in Photo
$350.00

Brief description of the concept and vision behind my work

My vision behind Goth Girl was to learn to paint in the Gothic Style, but also to display a touch of my own individual style, whilst capturing some of the concepts behind the Gothic Culture. A large part of the Gothic Culture is the Gothic Fashion. Gothic fashion is often seen as morbid, dark and eroticised. The basic concepts that make Gothic fashion are displayed by their choice to have black dyed hair, dark eyeliner, dark fingernails and black cloths. The Gothic Culture often displays its people as very sad wishing to be alone. In my painting of Goth Girl I have tried to reflect these qualities through my own vision of what I see Gothic Culture to be. I have tried to make Goth Girl display a deep sadness and despair in her eyes and show the finer qualities of the Gothic Fashion.




0 comments: