Strange Art

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Strange art started out a doodle whilst sitting with family chatting. The more we chatted the more strange ideas come to my head. It brought about a lot of laughter on the night. The next day I felt I should attempt to paint it but keeping with the strange concept of the nature of the sketch I felt it only right to paint it with as much confusions. It's a mixed medium painted with acrylic and oil and is painted on 10” x 12” canvas panel. I started out with acrylic just painting different shapes on the board. I then experimented with a a very thin wash of acrylic to do the white web. Once dried I then painted the subjects over the top in oil. It was so much fun and brings back some great memories for me in regards to spending time with family.


0 comments: